POLICY & PRIVACY
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
Banco Santander, S.A. (hereinafter, “the Bank”) as the owner and provider of the information service offered through the website https://thedailyprosper.com/ (hereinafter, the “Web Portal”), complies fully with the regulations regarding the protection of personal data and in particular with REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data and which repeals Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter, “GDPR”), so that the processing of the personal information provided by the party concerned (hereinafter, the “User”) in the Web Portal will be carried out in compliance with the guarantees and legal obligations that may be required.
In compliance with the regulations in force, the Bank has implemented the appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee an adequate level of security, as well as to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of the data provided by Users. In the same way, the Bank guarantees that it fulfils the duty of secrecy and confidentiality with respect to the personal data provided by the Users.
The communication of personal data by the Users is a necessary requirement for them to be able to register in the Portal and thereby enjoy certain services offered by the Bank through it. These services are specified in the possibility of having a private profile in the Web Portal, and being able to establish favourites among the information contents of the Portal and save those that are of interest.
II.- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
The details of the responsible entity are the following:
- – Identity: Banco Santander S.A., with Tax no. A-39000013
- – Contact details:
- – Postal address: Avda. de Cantabria s/n, Edificio Arrecife pl. 2 28660 Boadilla del Monte.
- – Email: email@example.com
III.- WHO IS THE DATA PROTECTION DELEGATE AND HOW CAN THEY BE CONTACTED?
The Data Protection Delegate is the figure in charge of making effective the compliance of the GDPR in order to guarantee the protection of the personal data provided by the User through the Portal.
To contact the Data Protection Delegate, the User can send a communication to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
IV.- FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND UNDER WHAT LEGITIMATION DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Management of User registry in the Web Portal.The Bank will use the User’s data to manage their registry through the registration form, to enable them to enjoy the services and functions offered in the Web Portal and described in section I of this document. The legitimating base of this treatment is the performance of a contract.
- Management of User registry in the Newsletter reception service.In those cases in which the User has opted to register for the Newsletter service, the Bank will use their data to manage their registry in said service. The legitimating base of this treatment is the performance of a contract.
- Email sending of articles and informative contents related to the contents of the Web Portal.In cases in which the Portal User has opted to subscribe to the Newsletter service, the Bank may use their personal data to send them articles and informative content related to the matters reported in the Web Portal or in which they have expressed interest. The legitimating base of the referred communications is the performance of a contract.
V.- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
The personal data provided will be kept for the time in which you are a User of the Web Portal and as long as you do not withdraw from it or request withdrawal from the Bank. Once you decide to cancel your subscription to the Portal, your data will be blocked for a period of 3 years, after which time they will be deleted and destroyed.
VI.- WILL YOUR DATA BE PASSED ON?
Regarding the communication of the data, it is expressly stated that the User’s personal information will not be passed on to third-party recipients or be subject to international transfers to third countries or international organisations.
VII.- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WHEN YOU SUPPLY YOUR DATA?
Users may revoke their consent at any time. If they wish, they can likewise exercise all rights of access, rectification and deletion of data, and request that the processing of their personal data be limited, oppose it, request data portability, and ask not to be the object of individual automated decisions, by writing to the following address https://thedailyprosper.com/?lang=en or by surface post to The Daily Prosper, Avda. de Cantabria s/n, Edificio Arrecife pl2, 28660 Boadilla del Monte, in both cases providing their national identity card or official document accrediting their identity.
Notwithstanding any other administrative appeal or legal action, the User may in any case file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, especially when they have not been satisfied in the exercise of their rights, through the website www.agpd.es/index.html
VIII.- WHAT IS THE ORIGIN AND WICH OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA DOES THE BANK PROCESS?
- What is the origin of the data?
The Bank will only process the personal data that the User has provided during the registration process as a User of the Web Portal or through their request to subscribe to the Newsletter service.
- Which of your personal and professional data do we process?
The personal data we process are:
- – Identification data: name, surname/s.
- – Email address.No specially protected data are processed.